Monday 28 May 2007

Monday, blog 2 for today!


Ahh...Monday! Busy day here, always is on a Monday!


Here's todays rambling thoughts, and earlier (below this one) is a smutty blog ....I like to keep a little something to entertain posted regularly......



So far, we had a dodgy 50€ note to deal with, withdrawn last night from the banks cash machine, so after the Post Office refused it, we took it back to the bank. They checked it and said it was OK, so told them again the Post Office checking machine had rejected it, so they started to look more closely. They couldn't decide as most things tallied...so they paid it back into Steve's account, took photocopies of it, and will send it away to see if its real or not.


No bloody post delivery again! The elections were yesterday, so no excuse now, but not seen or heard a postie today at all. We wonder if we are reverting back to the twice a week delivery system we used to have, Tuesday and Friday, so we'll see. There are a total of now some eight items we are waiting for, those are the things we know about, no idea of the unknowns.....we've been waiting for post that was sent from the UK from the 11th May onwards, bloody ridiculous! No point complaining as we'll just be joining a long list of disgruntled complainers. There's hardly a week goes by without a letter in one of the english language newspapers about the shite service we get from the Post Office, I'm sure I read somewhere the Spanish Post Office is either owned or co-owned by the German Post Office, now I always thought the Germans were efficient! The spanish post office have been taken through the EU courts as well for their appalling service, but makes no difference!


No shags or skimpy knickers this week....Bugger!


One good thing at the mo! My walking, up to a daily average now of 2.5km (1 1/2 miles). Seems weird that just two weeks ago 1km ( 3/4 mile) nearly killed me!


2.5km takes me an hour, I'm not racing, but taking the walk at a fairly brisk pace with a few stops for water along the way, today I did 2.84 km (1 3/4 mile)


What I can't work out is why somedays, one leg aches more than the other, I take them both with me, so they both go just as far, so why does one ache one day and not the other? But, I enjoy it, it gives me an hour of 'me' time away from the apartment, I nose at peoples terraces and gardens as I walk along, and have a route with points that seem to be getting closer and closer each day, I don't wander along thinking "Oh my God, its too far" any more. I even wake up in the mornings and wnat to get a move on with things so I can get out and walk.....and if anyone had told me three weeks ago I'd be walking every day and this far everyday, I'd have laughed and made some stupid joke....I've suprised myself....which at my age, is no mean feat!

19 comments:

Lady in red said...

a few yrs ago I spent a lot of time at the football club. As part of my recovery I would walk around the stadium. At first it was awful just trying to do one circuit. but then I found I could do it quite easily then I started doing 2 then 3 then it got too wet and muddy I never did get back into it I should start walking again. I was really pleased with myself yesterday striding down the long corridor at the hospital when I visited my grandad. I had been out on saturday and found it really had walking.

funny sparky said...

LIR....Its only been a short time since I started walking and already I feel the benefit, just start again, walk round the block, a small start will get you going again, Hope your Granpa's OK...

Anonymous said...

Walking is a great exercise for almost anyone! Good for you!

AS for one of your legs hurting, is it possible that one is a slightly different length or that your back is out of alignment?

My back is totally whacked and I must be very careful when I walk or I will end up with leg, back, shoulder, neck, (i.e. whole body) pain. Shoes are also ultimately important Make sure you have a good pair that fit properly.

Keep going!

Vi said...

I need to do some more exercise, I swear I feel the fat pouring on with comfort eating this weekend.

Midnight said...

What a naughty bear! That photo reminded me of the yogi bear song.

funny sparky said...

Chex...I think its years of inactivity coming back to bite me on the bum! Its not one particular joint or leg, it wanders about, but also passes after the first km? Weird....I have shock absorbing shoes for the walking too, they are so good and my feet never ache, I was diagnosed with a form of arthritis many years ago, which has been tremendously improved by a move into the sun, so much so I've not had any symptoms for the last 2-3 years! But it will not make me give up!

Vi, know what you mean..I am having to be really strict, this week would be too easy to go for a walk, then come back and eat choccy! Its that time of the month again, so its a real battle of wills between me & me hormones! lol!

Middy...Pray do tell me the Yogi song

CrazySpanishGirl said...

I've been walking after work since Spring came to my city. Unfortunately we had shitty weather lately, so I coundn't do it for a couple of weeks. And also I've been busy with elections.

So, today will be my new first walking day. Excercise feels great, plus, I have time to listen to the radio (gomaespuna, in Onda Cero), which I love.

yashuwa said...

Hello,
yashuwa.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

love the pic, that could be us when i cum over to spain, xx

~Angel~ said...

Walking regularly is great for your body. Throw in an over active doggie (who demands to be walked) and you won't have a choice!!

Kisses,
~Angel~

Suze said...

I'm glad that our postal service is more frequent than that. I'm always impatient when there is a new toy heading my way.

If you would like me to deliver your UK parcel just let me know. ;)

Lady in red said...

help

I just got a comment on my blog I think it is in spanish I get the gist of the begining but have no idea what the rest says can you help ? its on the post two for the girls.

Sexy Vixen said...

are you ok ?

LiR

CrazySpanishGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that girl is a lune,

Anonymous said...

where you gone honey ? x

Fat Controller said...

Don't give up on us, we've only just met!!

CrazySpanishGirl said...

hola?

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with the blog that each time I pick up a little more info. Phil